The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) come into full effect on 25th May 2018 and as such, we have made some changes to our practices and procedures.
All Millard staff attended a mandatory seminar on 15th May to learn about what changes we all need to make to protect our staff, contractors and most importantly our clients. GDPR is everyone’s responsibility and we all now have a very clear understanding of what is required of each of us, as individuals and the company as a whole.
We process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes which include, some or all, of the following:
- Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of the customer.
- To identify and prevent fraud.
- To enhance the security of our networks and information systems.
- To better understand how people, interact with our social media and web sites.
- To provide postal communications which we think will be of benefit and interest to you.
- To determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and our advertising.
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your Personal Data rights in the highest regard and take into account all of your data protection right under any and all current UK legislation.
You have the right to object to this processing at any time. Please bear in mind that if you object, this may affect our ability to carry out the tasks above which may be of benefit to you.
This policy can also be found in the Accreditations & Policies section of our website
You can find out more about GDPR and your rights here.