Millard Consulting is a great place to work. If you are highly skilled and motivated, looking for an exciting career within a growing, dynamic business; we are looking for you!
See below for our current careers focus and vacancies.
EXPERIENCED FLOOD RISK ENGINEER
Millard Consutling are looking for an experienced Flood Risk Engineer to join the Hydrology team at our Head Office in Dundee.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree qualified (or similar) in a relevant subject area (Civil Engineering, Hydrology)
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience
- Proficient in the use of relevant industry software (e.g. AutoCAD, HEC-RAS, Flood Modeller). with ability to undertake 1D and 2D hydraulic modelling for flood risk assessment
- Knowledge of relevant Legislation, Policy and Design Standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience of GIS software and working knowledge of sustainable drainage systems would be advantageous
- Willingness to work towards professional qualifications
- Full driving licence
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments and flood mitigation/management designs for a wide range of developments, in both the public and private sectors.
- Undertaking Hydrological Assessments to determine watercourse flows and catchment runoff.
- Undertake hydraulic flood modelling to support flood risk studies.
- Undertake site visits and survey supervision
- Scope and coordinate topographic surveys.
- Data collation.
- Preparation of reports, documentation and drawings
- Liaison with clients, colleagues, regulators and other stakeholders as appropriate
Please send all CV’s with a covering letter to:
At Millard Consulting, we are committed to developing and engaging our employees to deliver the highest quality service and professionalism. We recognise the importance of the skills and knowledge that support our core business and are very keen to encourage the development of all staff to obtain these.
The company has a registered training scheme with the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) and also has in place supervising civil engineers who have been approved by the ICE to oversee and personally monitor the training of members in accordance with the Institution’s guidelines and requirements. In addition to this, there are a number of other Chartered Engineers who are currently in the process of registration to undertake Supervising Civil Engineering roles to help strengthen the company’s desire for uplifting our current level of professional competence.
We continually review our pay and rewards package to keep it in line with the markets in which we operate. Our standard benefits package includes:
- a starting annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year plus public holidays.
- company pension scheme
- contribution to health club membership
- employee referral scheme
- payment of membership fees associated with professional institutions
- group life assurance