Millard Consulting is a great place to work. If you are highly skilled and motivated, looking for an exciting career within a growing, dynamic business; we are looking for you!
See below for our current careers focus and vacancies.
EXPERIENCED GRADUATE STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
The Graduate Structural engineer with at least 2-year post graduation experience will report direct to the project Structural Engineers and work with technicians, civil and environmental engineers to deliver a range of schemes.
The Graduate will be responsible for undertaking structural calculations, providing designed solutions to a range of different types of building materials ranging from steel, concrete, timber and masonry.
The graduate must be able to work unsupervised and be able to convey the required design clearly to the team.
The graduate will be responsible for attending design team meetings on site and will be a direct link for the company within the design team.
Qualifications & Experience:-
- BEng or MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering
- The desire and qualifications to work towards chartership status
- Experience in the use of industry related software ( e.g Tedds, Tekla Structural designer & AutoCad)
- Good report writing and communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of BIM 3-D modelling software a bonus
- A full UK driving License
At Millard Consulting, we are committed to developing and engaging our employees to deliver the highest quality service and professionalism. We recognise the importance of the skills and knowledge that support our core business and are very keen to encourage the development of all staff to obtain these.
The company has a registered training scheme with the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) and also has in place supervising civil engineers who have been approved by the ICE to oversee and personally monitor the training of members in accordance with the Institution’s guidelines and requirements. In addition to this, there are a number of other Chartered Engineers who are currently in the process of registration to undertake Supervising Civil Engineering roles to help strengthen the company’s desire for uplifting our current level of professional competence.
We continually review our pay and rewards package to keep it in line with the markets in which we operate. Our standard benefits package includes:
- a starting annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year plus public holidays.
- company pension scheme
- contribution to health club membership
- employee referral scheme
- payment of membership fees associated with professional institutions
- group life assurance